How to run a competition with Everything Theatre
After a hiatus from running competitions, we are back with plans to run them regularly. If you’re a theatremaker and want to take part, just read on to learn about what we do, and what we need to run a competition for you.
What competitions can we run?
We’re open to most suggestions. If you think you have something that might be of interest to our readers and are willing to give it as a prize for a competition, then get in touch.
Mostly, that will mean tickets for a show. We’ll consider running a competition for any production, anywhere in the country. It should be noted that our coverage, and so readership, is predominantly London-based. Therefore, whilst we will happily support shows outside of the Capital, we cannot guarantee how successful these competitions will be.
Generally, we’d aim to launch a competition between two and four weeks ahead of a show. This allows adequate time to run a week-long event and to organise the winner. We can organise competitions further ahead than a month if you feel it would be beneficial to you.
Why run a competition with us?
Well firstly because we are a great supporter of theatre, and especially fringe. So running a competition with us will give you plenty of exposure to an audience who love the same things as us. But if you want some numbers to show why it’s worthwhile donating a couple of tickets here they are:
- We have nearly 10,000 Twitter followers.
- We surpass 100,000 Twitter impressions every month.
- Our Facebook page has over 1,200 followers.
- Our Instagram account has over 1,200 followers and growing quickly.
(figures all correct as of May 2022)
How we run competitions.
Unless you ask otherwise, we will run a competition as follows:
- A unique webpage will be created to include show details, images as provided, how to enter and our Terms and Conditions (see below for details of these).
- Twitter – We will offer an opening tweet including ‘follow our account and retweet this to enter’. This will be followed up by a daily retweet for seven days at differing times of day.
- Facebook – There will be one post on our Facebook page, with a ‘share and like to enter’.
- Instagram – There will be one post on our account, with a ‘like and follow to enter’.
- People can enter once per option, so a maximum of three entries.
- The successful participant will be chosen by a random number generator, based on the total number of entries, with the winner selected by counting up to this random number in the order of Facebook/ Instagram/ Twitter.
If you wish to include any different rules, please outline these to us. We will consider all requests. However, we are limited on the time we can dedicate to competitions, so if your conditions are time consuming, we are likely to decline to run the event.
What you get in return for providing tickets.
- A dedicated page for the competition on our website, along with show details and booking links.
- The competition will appear on our home page just beneath the Current Reviews section.
- A minimum of 8 Tweets promoting the competition (and so your show) plus one post on our Facebook page and one on our Instagram account.
Our Standard Terms and Conditions for all Competitions.
The below will appear on all competition pages. It may be amended as necessary to fit in with the actual competition being run.
“The prize is for two tickets to a performance of [show] at [venue], on [dates to be specified] only. No alternative dates or cash alternative is available.
Competition closes at [time] on [closing date]. Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries, and will be notified within 24 hours. The winner has one day to accept the prize, provide contact details and confirm which date they wish to attend, otherwise a new winner will be chosen at random. All additional expenses are the responsibility of the prize winner. The Editor’s decision is final.
We will require a contact name and email address for the winner. This information will be shared with the competition organiser only, who will contact them only in order to arrange their prize. We do not retain any information from either the winner or anyone else entering the competition.”
I’m in, let’s do a competition together! What next?
Interested? Then simply put your information in the below form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.