Love theatre and fancy yourself as a critic? Then join our reviewing team.
Reviews are the core part of what we do here at Everything Theatre. Our reviewers visit shows all over London in both Off West End and West End venues. The role involves attending shows and then writing and submitting 500-700 word reviews to us within 48 hours. We then check and publish them, simple!
We’re not looking for pretentious or overly complex reviews. Instead we’re interested in the whole experience, and in reviews that anybody – even those who have no idea about theatre – will understand and relate to. Informality, humour, balanced opinions, highlighting the little things that matter and a positive attitude are essential. We also endeavour to be constructive in our criticism; we’re not here to bash people unnecessarily and unfairly.
We ask that you commit to reviewing at least two shows per month, although there is always room for more if you’re really keen. Of course we will always work around your commitments – you’ll be a volunteer after all!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
– Have an infectious passion for theatre;
– Be a positive and constructive person;
– Be a competent and engaging writer that suits our style;
– Be able to meet tight deadlines.
You do NOT need to have any prior knowledge of theatre in order to review for us – in fact, we’d strongly encourage non-theatre folk to apply!
PERKS OF THE JOB
– Free theatre tickets (often you’ll also be offered a plus one);
– Excellent journalism / theatre critic experience;
– Great exposure;
– Meet new people, be they other reviewers or theatre professionals;
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email to email@example.com to introduce yourself, and please also include a 600 word review of a play you have seen recently.