Love #hashtags and get excited by social media? Then become our Marketing & Communications Manager.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Ongoing, apply at any time!
As our MarComs Manager you’ll be responsible for promoting everything theatre. How you do that is up to you, so creativity, self-motivation and ingenuity will be essential! Specific responsibilities include:
– developing our already strong profile as a unique, honest and unpretentious website;
– developing partnerships with theatres, venues and producers that will help increase our profile;
– seeking out and arranging guest contributors to everything theatre;
– managing our twitter our twitter and facebook channels;
– assisting with the transition of everything theatre to a shiny new website in early 2014;
– any other digital work you may wish to do!
Fundamentally our MarComs Managers are responsible for driving everything theatre’s growth.
We describe ourselves as an ‘honest and unpretentious guide to the London theatre scene’. Our team don’t all work in the theatre industry, and that’s what makes us unique – we’re by everybody, for everybody. It’s a strong brand with real potential, and our MarComs Managers will be responsible for developing it. Even without a dedicated marketing team our website unique visitors increased by a whopping 250% between Jan-May 2013 alone; imagine the potential! Find our more about us here.
As with all our roles, the time commitment is flexible and driven by your own agenda. On average we reckon the time commitment will be around 5 hours per week to respond to emails, update our facebook page and get a good series of interesting tweets going. Again though, it will be a case of the more you put in the more you get out, so if you want to put more time in then we won’t be arguing!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
– Be highly self-motivated;
– Love all things social media, from twitter to facebook;
– Have an infectious passion for theatre;
– Have an interest in arts administation or marketing;
– Be approachable and friendly;
– Be a positive and constructive person.
This position would be ideal for people who want to gain some experience in Arts marketing and administration for their CV!
PERKS OF THE JOB
– Excellent marketing experience for your CV;
– Flexibility to experiment with new marketing techniques;
– Great exposure (our readership is growing rapidly);
– Meet new people, be they other members of the team or theatre professionals;
– Be a part of a unique and rapidly growing team.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to explain why you would be a good fit for this role and why you’d like to be involved!