Have something to say about the London theatre scene? Then join our Features team!
Our Features team is the newest and most exciting part of Everything Theatre. As a Feature Writer, you’ll join a small but elite team who interview interesting people, write opinion pieces that stimulate debate, or even just write articles about something theatrical that they’re particularly interested in. You’ll work with our Features Editor to develop this new area of Everything Theatre – it’s a hugely exciting opportunity, and a great way to get your voice heard. And – as with all our positions – you’ll also be able to review (see details here).
OUR FEATURES & OPINIONS
In keeping with the aims of Everything Theatre, our Features section does have an editorial code. We want our Features & Opinions to be genuinely interesting to our readers, and accessible to all – anybody, regardless of prior theatrical knowledge, should be able to read and understand an ET feature, or to engage with an ET opinion piece.
On average we’d like our Feature Writers to commit to writing one piece every couple of months, although there is always a chance to do more than that! Of course we will always work around your commitments – you’ll be a volunteer after all.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
– Have an infectious passion for theatre;
– Have extremely high levels of written English;
– Be a competent and engaging writer that suits our style;
– Be looking to develop a career in writing and / or journalism;
– Be a positive and constructive person;
– Be able to meet tight deadlines.
You do NOT need to have any prior knowledge of theatre in order to write for us – in fact, we’d strongly encourage non-theatre folk to apply!
PERKS OF THE JOB
– Excellent journalism / theatre critic experience;
– Great exposure (our readership is growing rapidly);
– Meet new people, be they other reviewers or theatre professionals;
– Be a part of a unique and rapidly growing team.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email to email@example.com to introduce yourself. Please also include a 600 word review of a play you have seen, and two ideas for features or opinion pieces that you would like to write for Everything Theatre.